Enthusiastic National Voice of Youth
About ENVOY – Becoming an ENVOY Member
ENVOY is our national youth forum and involves young people aged 11-25 from across England. They develop, support and promote our work to young people and NCVYS members on a National and Regional level. ENVOY can be described in two ways, these are, Regional ENVOY Members (REMs) and National ENVOY Members (NEMs).
Regional ENVOY Members (REMs)
All young people joining ENVOY are Regional ENVOY members. They work closely with our Young Facilitators, who support them to work on tasks and activities within their region.
REMs have the opportunity to:
- Work with Young Facilitators to plan regional activities
- Promote ENVOY regionally
- Sit on advisory groups to develop NCVYS’s work
- Plan and deliver regional events and workshops
- Attend training courses delivered by NCVYS
- Take part in ENVOY activity residentials
- And much more!
National ENVOY Members (NEMs)
Regional ENVOY Members can apply to become a NEM. NEMs involve 30 young people who are taken from the Regional ENVOY membership. They have the option to be a NEM for up to two years working on a range of tasks at a national level.
NEMs also have the opportunity to:
- Become a NCVYS Trustee
- Attend 4 national meetings
- Participate in training residentials and ongoing training days throughout the year
- Plan and lead on areas of NCVYS’s youth participation work
- Promote ENVOY at youth organisations and projects
- Support and mentor REMs to develop their learning and skills
- Help plan national NCVYS events
- Deliver training to REMs
Benefits of becoming an ENVOY member are:
- Gain new skills and accreditation
- Work experience and opportunities for your CV
- Become a member of the NCVYS trustee board
- Involved in NCVYS advisory groups
- Plan high profile events
- Travel and lunch expenses reimbursed
- Take part in fun social activities
If you are interested in becoming a NEM for your region, these are advertised on a yearly basis and you can apply by completing an application form.
If you need to get in touch with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 0207 278 1041.