Supporting the Youth Zone at the party conferences
An opportunity for NCVYS members
Tim Loughton MP in the Youth Zone at the Conservative Party Conference
NCVYS is working with partner organisations to put together a programme of events and activity at the 2011 party conferences. The Youth Zone is a collaboration of NCVYS, National Youth Agency, British Youth Council, UK Youth, 4Children, V, Kids Count, Media Trust and CHYPS, together with the Co-operative Group and O2. We would welcome NCVYS members and other youth organisations to join and be part of the Youth Zone.
• 17-21 September (Liberal Democrats, Birmingham)
• 25-29 September (Labour Party, Liverpool)
• 2-5 October (Conservative Party, Manchester)
1. The Youth Zone at each conference is a flexible meeting space in the main conference centre, used for meetings, workshops, receptions, and a hub for youth charities and displays (banners, materials, DVD presentations, literature).
• Each venue provides a hub for activity, close to the main exhibition areas
• High level liaison has taken place with each of the three main parties for their support in the Youth Zone and related activity
• The full programme of activity will be included in fringe guide advertising, listings and online, with branding
2. Fringe events will be held in the Youth Zone. Youth participation events are also planned to take place on the Sunday of each conference, outside the security zone and therefore no conference passes required, but close to the main conference centres for a larger number of young people to take part. Those events are being organised with the British Youth Council. We will let you know more when we have further details, but are keen to support the events and where possible help avoid any conflicting events with youth organisations that may also be planning to hold event on those Sundays at conference.
There will be opportunities for NCVYS members to take part in some or all of the related activities.
a) Please let us know if you are interested in taking part in the Youth Zone or simply wish to enquire about booking the space for your own event at one or more of the party conferences this year. We can then liaise and design a cost-effective package to best suit your needs.
b) If you are organising your own events at any time during the party conference weeks, please let us know so that we can look to co-ordinate activity to avoid conflicting with each others’ events where possible. We would also be happy to help members who may wish to hold joint events with one or more other youth organisation and to share any costs between them.
c) There are various deadlines for conference pass applications, event listings, advertising and room bookings that run through June and July. We can advise and look to support members in their plans and let you have details for Youth Zone arrangements on request.
For more information, please contact our Director of Policy and Communications Faiza Chaudary at
T: 0207 843 6467